Fire destroyed a pole barn at 20758 Ringgold Southern Road, north of U.S. Route 22 in Washington Township, Friday. The initial report of the fire was called in at 11:20 a.m. by a passerby.

The barn, owned by Mark and Stephanie List, was used to house equipment for Mark's lawn care business. Mark said he had just walked into his home and he heard a "pop." He looked at the barn behind his home, saw smoke and thought it was steam. He later heard some more sounds, ran out the door and saw smoke coming from the barn. List said with the help of neighbors, he was able to get some of his equipment out of the barn.

A Ford F250 inside the barn was destroyed in the blaze. Captain Keith Tussing, Clearcreek Township Fire Department, said the fire started where the diesel truck was plugged into an extension cord.

Clearcreek received mutual aid from Circleville, Amanda, Pickaway Township and Harrison Township fire departments. BOX65 was at the scene to aid firefighters and deputies from the Pickaway County Sheriff's Office.

Trending Recipe Videos


email @ nradciff@circlevilleheraldcom

You must be logged in to react.
Click any reaction to login.
0
0
0
0
0

Recommended for you

Load comments