Jo Liggett, wife of champion pumpkin grower Bob Liggett, presented a history of the Circleville Pumpkin Show at the Oct. 8 meeting of Circleville Sunrise Rotary. The first show was in 1903, the brainchild of Mayor George Haswell, who invited area farmers to display some of their best work in front of his business, at 154 West Main Street. The display was 30-feet long and the show lasted but one day. In 1905, the show expanded by two days and a 1914 advertisement indicates it was four days long. The first parade was held in 1909. The first pumpkin pyramid appeared in 1938 and it was in the middle of Court and Main streets. Incidentally, Haswell died in 1922, on the first day of that year’s Pumpkin Show.